Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sept 10

Another day.  As the day winds down, I think of the emotional roller coaster that today brought.  Life is short.  Life is to short to work yourself to death.  I don't want to work until I am 62.  I think I am eligible in August 2017.  If that's it, then I'm done then.  As I look around today, I see so many things. 
My friend had knee surgery.  Simple outpatient surgery.  A week later, she almost died.  She got a blood clot in her leg, it swelled up to about five times bigger than it should be and for the rest of her life she has to wear compression socks.  She was home, but on strict bed rest. Notice I said was. Today she woke up with her leg three time what it should be.  She went back to the hospital. No word yet, all we can do is pray for her because she is still not out of the woods.  She spent her first Anniversary in the hospital.  One of the folks that retired has had an accident and several surgeries with a lot more medical procedures to come.  Thankfully his wife retire too and is there to help him. Another friend retired on a Friday and passed on Monday.  
The good news is there is a couple getting married soon.  They are so happy and starting a new chapter in their life.  I wish them well.  
So as you can see, today has caused me to stop and think.  
Yes, I will have to have income, but you know, I think I can live without some things.  We won't have any car payments then, only house payment, utilities, groceries and clothing.  We are so very lucky with our home.  Our house payments are only 320 a month.  I just want to have time to make memories with my grandchildren.  I don't want them to wish they would have known us better.  I want to make them laugh, sing, and be silly.  I want them to enjoy life and make the best choices they can.  Have no regrets.  I want them to go to college and pick a great careerand to have a great life.

Tomorrow will be here before I know.  I really need my beauty sleep.  Goodnight my friends, more later.
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment