Monday, August 21, 2017

Jamey Richardson



December 4, 1963 - August 20, 2017

Jamey was not only a great friend but one of the crazies, loving, family members that we have been lucky to have. We were proud to have Jamey for a nephew.   He was always the same, a smile on his face, cutting up, acting a fool, but more importantly, loving his children, Justin and Brittany, with all of his heart. When you think he could love no more, those 5 grandbabies became the light of his life. Jamey may have been a little crazy but beneath all of that, his heart was bigger than anyone ever realized.  
If you talk to anyone about drywall, Jamey's name would always come up.  He must have been good at his job because everyone talked about how good his work was. Jamey never met a stranger.  He was a friend to all!
No matter what demons he was fighting, he was always willing to lend a hand to his friends.  I don't think I know anyone who had as many friends as he has.  I am sure during the next few days many of us will be recalling some of the good times we had with him.  
I ask Byo if there was one word that reminded you of Jamey, what would it be.  He said "bear hug". No matter where we were or who was with us, if we ran into Jamey, we got the biggest bear hug in the world! I don't mean a hug, I really mean an honest to goodness, I love you, bear hug!  Of all the people I know, Jamey gave the best hugs because you knew they came from the heart. The other thing that always made him laugh was shaking hands with Byo.  He would shake his hand, and squeeze the time out of it!  He would laugh in a way that only Jamey could laugh and say "I still got it, old man". 
The last time we talked with Jamey, he said he would never forget us.  I know that no matter what, during the rest of our lives, something will happen that reminds us of Jamey and we will talk about him, always cherishing the memories.  He will be missed but never forgotten.  What we wouldn't give to feel that bear hug or hear that laugh of his one more time.
Fly High Jamey!  RIP 























2 comments:

  1. Good man gone too soon. This blog has seen the most traffic on it than all of my others - 246 people came here to pay their respects. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete